COURSE DURATION: 8 hours
During the last couple of decades small, mid-sized and Fortune 500 companies have embraced Six Sigma to generate more profit and greater savings. So what is Six Sigma?
Six Sigma is a data-driven approach for eliminating defects and waste in any business process. You can compare Six Sigma with turning your water faucet and experiencing the flow of clean, clear water. Reliable systems are in place to purify, treat, and pressure the water through the faucet. That is what Six Sigma does to business: it treats the processes in business so that they deliver their intended result.
What is “Sigma”? The word is a statistical term that measures how far a given process deviates from perfection. Sigma is a way to measure quality and performance. The central idea behind Six Sigma is that if you can measure how many “defects” you have in a process, you can systematically figure out how to eliminate them and get as close to “zero defects” as possible. This book will give you an overview of the Six Sigma methodology, and some of the tools required to deploy Six Sigma in their own organizations.
- Understanding Lean
- Liker’s Toyota Way
- The TPS House
- The Five Principles of Lean Business
- The First Improvement Concept (Value)
- The Second Improvement Concept (Waste)
- The Third Improvement Concept (Variation)
- The Fourth Improvement Concept (Complexity)
- The Fifth Improvement Concept (Continuous Improvement)
- The Improvement Toolkit
- Credits towards the DQS XPERT Supervisors and Managers Diploma
- Downloadable DQS XPERT certificate, with a certificate number that can be verified on the portal.
- Registration on the eLearning Portal is valid for 1 year with access to live updates, subject matter experts/instructors
- Includes animated case studies
To learn more about registration on the portal, watch this YouTube introduction video