COURSE DURATION: 8 hours
Having to fire an employee is never an easy task. Sometimes, despite attempts of open communication and encouraging performance, an employee will need to be terminated from the company.
One of the hardest aspects of preparing to fire an employee is to separate the emotions from the facts. Firing an employee should always be a last resort, so it is important that the manager has covered all other avenues possible before moving forward.
- Placing an Employee on a Performance Improvement Plan (PIP) Before Firing
- Employees Who Should Be Terminated I
- Employees Who Should Be Terminated II
- Things to Consider When Setting Up the Termination Meeting
- The Correct Way to Fire an Employee I
- The Correct Way to Fire an Employee II
- What an Employment Termination Checklist Should Contain
- The “Don’ts” of Firing an Employee I
- The “Don’ts” of Firing an Employee II
- Conduct Effective Exit Interviews
- Credits towards the DQS XPERT Human Resources Basics Diploma
- Downloadable DQS XPERT certificate, with a certificate number that can be verified on the portal.
- Registration on the eLearning Portal is valid for 1 year with access to live updates, subject matter experts/instructors
- Includes animated case studies
To learn more about registration on the portal, watch this YouTube introduction video