COURSE DURATION: 8 hours
Employee Motivation is becoming ever more important in the workplace as time goes on, and everyone agrees that a motivated workforce is far more likely to be a successful workforce. The happier and more professional an employee is, the better the results they will deliver for you. Of course, every employer wants to make sure that they have a workforce who will do their best, but this does not simply mean making the job easy for their employees. In fact, part of the problem of motivation is that where the job is too easy, employees become complacent.
There is therefore a challenge for all employers and management in delivering the right balance between a confident, motivated workforce and a workforce which is driven to attain goals. It can be described as a mix between the pleasure of a comfortable working environment and the fear of failure, although in honesty it is more complicated than that equation suggests. Regardless of how it is characterized, it is important to get the right balance in order to ensure that you have a motivated workforce. This book is designed to show you the way to get the best out of a confident, motivated set of employees, and to show them how to motivate that group.
- A Psychological Approach
- Object-Oriented Theory
- Using Reinforcement Theory
- Using Expectancy Theory
- Personality’s Role in Motivation
- Setting Goals
- A Personal Toolbox
- Motivation on the Job
- Addressing Specific Morale Issues
- Keeping Yourself Motivated
- Credits towards the DQS XPERT Supervisors and Managers Diploma
- Downloadable DQS XPERT certificate, with a certificate number that can be verified on the portal.
- Registration on the eLearning Portal is valid for 1 year with access to live updates, subject matter experts/instructors
- Includes animated case studies
To learn more about registration on the portal, watch this YouTube introduction video