COURSE DURATION: 1 hour 30 minutes
Workers, who are employed in a slowly changing work environment, become accustomed to minor modifications being made on a routine basis. Sometimes they implement makeshift repairs and changes to temporarily correct work site problems. As such, they may not consider, nor be aware of, how the sum of these changes impacts employee and operational safety, health and environmental protection. The potential for personal injuries, fire, equipment damage, process losses, regulatory deviations, detrimental environmental impacts and ergonomic hazards, may have been inadvertently introduced into the work place as a result of these changes. They will continue to go unnoticed until an appropriate inspection process is introduced which identifies and corrects the hazards that result from these changes.
The regular and thorough inspection activities which an operation undertakes on a frequency consistent with the risk, provides a way to reduce the potential for these losses through the identification, analysis and correction of workplace hazards before incidents occur.
The purpose of this module is to provide you with an understanding of and insight into inspections for incident prevention and cost control and provides downloadable examples of an Inspection Checklist, Inspection Reports, Critical Parts and Items, etc.
- Benefits of inspections
- Inspection elements and activities
- Types of inspections
- 30 credits towards the DQS XPERT Sustainable SHEQ Risk Management (SSRM) Diploma
- Downloadable DQS XPERT certificate, with a certificate number that can be verified on the portal.
- Content is supplied and reviewed by international DQS Technical Experts/ Lead Auditors
- Downloadable Form Templates
- Registration on the eLearning Portal is valid for 1 year with access to live updates, subject matter experts/instructors
- Final exam with a 100% pass rate
To learn more about registration on the portal, watch this YouTube introduction video