Chemicals have become a part of our life, sustaining many of our activities, preventing and controlling many diseases, increasing agricultural productivity. However one cannot ignore that many of these chemicals may, especially if not properly used, endanger our health and poison our environment. In this course we review Hazardous Chemical Substances (HCS) and how to manage and control these substances in the workplace.
- Definition of Hazardous Chemical Substances.
- Intrinsic health and physical hazards of HCS.
- Classes of HCS.
- Health effects of exposure to HCS.
- Factors influencing the health damage caused by HCS.
- Cost of incidents.
- Identification of hazardous activities and HCS hazards.
- Risk assessment and the appropriate control measures for HCS, including the maintenance of these measures.
- Training requirements for employees.
- Storage, transfer, signage and labelling, transportation and disposal of HCS.
- Duties of “Providers”.
To learn more about registration on the portal, watch this YouTube introduction video