COURSE DURATION: 5 DAYS
MANAGING THE AUDIT OF A BUSINESS CONTINUITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (BCMS) BASED ON ISO 22301
This five-day intensive course enables the participants to develop the needed expertise to audit a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) and manage a team of auditors by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures and techniques.
During this training, the participants will acquire the needed knowledge and skills to proficiently plan and perform internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 and certification audits according to ISO 17021. Based on practical exercises, the participants will develop the skills (mastering audit techniques) and competencies (managing audit teams and audit programs, communicating with customers, and conflict resolution) necessary for the efficient conduct of an audit.
This training is compatible with BS 25999 audit (Business continuity management specification) and ISO 27031 (Guidelines for information and communication technology readiness for business continuity).
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Internal auditors
- Auditors wanting to perform and lead Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) certification audits
- Project managers or consultants wanting to master the Business Continuity Management System audit process
- CFO, CEO and Senior Managers responsible for the business governance of an enterprise and the management of its risks
- Members of a business continuity team
It is recommended that delegates should have some prior knowledge of implementing a BCMS. A suggested minimum entry level would be a solid grounding in ISO 22301 fundamentals.
With the successful completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- Acquire the expertise to perform an ISO 22301 certification audit following ISO 19011 guidelines and the specifications of ISO 17021 and ISO 27031
- Gain the necessary expertise to manage a BCMS audit team
- Describe the operation of an ISO 22301 conformant business continuity management system
- Enable the relationship between a Business Continuity System, including risk management, controls and compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organization
- Improve the ability to analyse the internal and external environment of an organization, its risk assessment and audit decision-making
HOW WILL I BENEFIT?:
- Develop the expertise to perform an ISO 22301 certification audit following ISO 19011 guidelines and the specifications of ISO 17021 and ISO 27031
- Successfully manage an ISMS audit team;
- Assist management in carrying out the process of continual improvement and changes necessary to assure good IT security business management and governance.
Courses are presented online, onsite as well as in all major centres in South Africa.