Over the last few months, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the occupational health and safety of employees has become a huge talking point. The pandemic has highlighted the importance of protecting and maintaining the health and safety of a company’s employees as they are the life and blood of the organisation.
Employers need to treat the occupational health and safety of their employees as a priority, not just during this pandemic but even post-COVID-19. Occupational health and safety of employees can range from ensuring workers are protected against toxic chemicals to making sure employees are not sleep-deprived. This because they can pose a risk to not only the employee’s health and safety but the health and safety of those around them. By becoming ISO 45001 certified, businesses can prevent many workplace accidents, injuries, diseases and even deaths don’t happen.
With experienced auditors in more than 65 countries and across all business sectors, DQS South Africa is your one-stop-shop for business solutions. Our holistic approach integrates assessments, audits, certifications, inspections and evaluation in order to guide organizations toward sustainable success. Let’s make it happen!
The benefits of becoming ISO 45001 certified include:
- Reduced employee turnover rate
- Reduced employee absences
- Improved ability to respond to regulatory compliance issues
- Improved efficiency
- Improved consistency
- Increased employee trust in the company
- Lower insurance premiums
- Improved safety of individual employees
- Improved safety of the organisation
- Decreases risks and hazards
- Reduced overall costs of incidents
- Reduced downtime and cost of work disruptions
When implementing ISO 45001, it can be beneficial for organisations to implement an occupational health and safety management system. This management system helps businesses to adhere to the requirements of ISO 45001, therefore, enabling the company to become certified and also protect their employees.
The benefits of implementing an occupational health and safety management system include:
- Improved efficiency
- Saves time due to reduced data entry
- Enables more efficient hiring through employee pre-employment screening
- Improved management of employee health
- Reduces risk
- Can be implemented quickly
DQS South Africa is your local business solutions partner, offering solutions that work for your sector. We form part of an international network dedicated to ensuring compliance and business conformity. For any questions about our services or to contact us, please visit dqs.co.za.