SUPPLY CHAIN SECURITY
ENERGY MANAGEMENT TRAINING
RISK MANAGEMENT TRAINING
INFORMATION SECURITY TRAINING
Introduction to asset management and asset risk management based on ISO 55000
COURSE DURATION: 2 DAYS
INTRODUCTION TO ASSET MANAGEMENT
This 2-day, training workshop is designed for management involved in asset management and maintenance, infrastructure and capital projects as well as engineers and consultants that deal with the complexities of asset management functions on a daily basis.
The objective is to provide attendees with the necessary perspective, knowledge and skills to understand the risks and benefits of asset management and to learn how it assists in:
- The management of physical infrastructure assets
- Establishing the promotion of business capability and performance within the organisation
The course is aligned with the ISO 55000 content. It provides an opportunity for asset management professionals to gain an understanding of the requirements that ensure optimal management of the organisation’s assets and their associated performance over their lifecycle.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Any person with the responsibility for or interest in physical asset management. This will include asset managers, decision makers, risk managers, organizational development managers, financial managers and operational managers. It is recommended that the members of the Asset Management steering committee attend this course.
This is an introductory course in the requirements of the ISO 55001 standard. This standard is based on the structure of ISO management system standards and follows a risk based approach. It would be advantageous to have had exposure to other ISO management standards or risk management or BS PAS 55.
With the successful completion of this course the participant will be able to:
- Describe the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques allowing an effective asset management process guided by ISO 55000
- Discover the relationship between the asset risk management and the compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of an organization
- Acquire the competence to implement, maintain and manage an ongoing asset management program following ISO 55000
- Acquire the competence to effectively advise organizations on the best practices in asset management and asset risk management
HOW WILL I BENEFIT?:
- Improve stakeholder confidence and trust through the use of asset management and good practice techniques.
- Identify and minimize potential loss of asset functionality identified by threats / risk analysis using the application of management system controls.
- Identify asset management methods to mitigate risk and find opportunities thus improving management of the assets and organizational resilience.
Courses are presented in partnership with Commerce Edge at venues in Midrand, Gauteng, Cape Town and Durban.
The course is CPD Accredited by SAAMA / ECSA (you will earn 2 CPD Points on completion of this course)
A comprehensive participant set of notes is provided
Refreshments and buffet lunch included.
Address: President Fouche Drive, Boskruin Office Park, Building no 5, Randburg, South Africa | Phone: +27 (0)11 787-0060 | Fax: +27 (0)11 787-0115 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Hours: Mon-Thurs 8:00am-4:30pm | Fridays 8:00am-3:00pm