SUPPLY CHAIN SECURITY
ENERGY MANAGEMENT TRAINING
RISK MANAGEMENT TRAINING
INFORMATION SECURITY TRAINING
IT RISK MANAGEMENT
Mastering risk assessment and optimal risk management in information security based on ISO 27005
ISO/IEC 27005 provides guidelines for information security risk management. It supports the general concepts specified in ISO/IEC 27001 and is designed to assist the satisfactory implementation of information security based on a risk management approach. Knowledge of the concepts, models, processes and terminologies described in ISO/IEC 27001 and ISO/IEC 27002 is important for a complete understanding of ISO/IEC 27005:2011. ISO/IEC 27005:2011 is applicable to all types of organizations (e.g. commercial enterprises, government agencies, non-profit organizations) which intend to manage risks that could compromise the organization’s information security.
COURSE DURATION: 2 DAYS
In this two-day intensive course participants develop the competence to master the basic risk management elements related to all assets of relevance for information security using the ISO/IEC 27005:2011 standard as a reference framework. Based on practical exercises and case studies, participants acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to perform an optimal information security risk assessment and manage risks in time by being familiar with their life cycle. This training fits perfectly with the implementation process of the ISMS framework in ISO/IEC 27001:2013 standard.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Risk managers
- Member of the information security team
- Persons responsible for information security or conformity within an organization
- Staff implementing or seeking to comply with ISO 27001 or involved in a risk management program
- IT risk consultants
This is an introductory level of training to ISO 27005 and ideally some knowledge of ISO 31000 and exposure to 27001 would be advisable.
- Relate to the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques allowing an effective risk management according to ISO 27005
- Interpret the requirements of ISO 27001 on information security risk management
- Describe the relationship between the information security risk management, the security controls and the compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of an organization
- Acquire the competence to implement, maintain and manage an ongoing information security risk management program according to ISO 27005
- Acquire the competence to effectively advise organizations on the best practices in information security risk management
HOW WILL I BENEFIT?
- Improve stakeholder confidence and trust through the use of IT risk techniques.
- Identify and minimize potential losses identified by threats / risk analysis using the application of management system controls.
- Identify risk methods to find opportunities and therefore improve management systems and organizational resilience.
- Exam (2 hours) and certification fees are included in the training price
- A manual containing over 200 pages of information and practical examples will be provided to participants
- A participation certificate of 14 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to the participants
- In case of failure of the 2 hour exam, the participants are allowed to retake the exam for free under certain conditions.
Address: Boskruin Village, Boskruin Office Park, Building no 5, Randburg, South Africa | Phone: +27 (0)11 787-0060 | Fax: +27 (0)11 787-0115 | Email: email@example.com
Business Hours: Mon-Thurs 8:00am-4:30pm | Fridays 8:00am-3:00pm